Department, city, state
Position: Patrol | Type: CAMPUS POLICE OFFICER - LATERAL ENTRY
Application Status: Open
Sign on bonus:
$5,630 - $7,387/mo
One of the most commonly cited reasons for working at Western is our incredible benefits package. We have multiple medical plans available to choose from with monthly premiums ranging from $25 to $189 for your own coverage; in addition, you have the option to elect coverage for your family. Western provides dental, basic life insurance ($35,000), and basic long-term disability insurance all at no monthly cost to you. Western offers a first-class pension plan—feel secure in the knowledge that your retirement is being taken care of while you put in your years of service. The sooner you start at Western, the better your retirement plan will be when that day comes!
Take advantage of the Tuition Waiver! After meeting the requirements, you are eligible for a tuition waiver of up to 8 credits during the academic year and 4 credits during summer quarter.
We have wellness classes right here on campus (when we’re able to of course!). Whole Body Fitness, lunchtime basketball, resources for nutrition and more! The Wade King Recreation Center is a state-of-the-art fitness facility with unparalleled accessibility and competitive rates. Swimming, climbing wall, and more are all within close proximity to your work space.
Education: Be a fully commissioned law enforcement officer in WA state or have the ability to obtain a WA State Commission through the Washington State Equivalency Academy upon hire
Experience: 3+ years as a fully commissioned law enforcement officer
• 3+ years of experience as a fully commissioned law enforcement officer
• Be a fully commissioned law enforcement officer in WA state or have the ability to obtain a WA State Commission through the Washington State Equivalency Academy upon hire
• Demonstrated ability developing positive working relationships with diverse community members, including young adults (18-24 years old), people of color, LGBTQ+ community, and others from marginalized groups
• Minimum 21 years of age
• Effective interpersonal and cross cultural communication skills
• Possession of a valid driver's license
The Department of Public Safety practices positive community and coworker engagement. Officers must demonstrate excellence in emotional intelligence, positive morale, continuous quality improvement, and friendly customer service.
The offer of employment is contingent upon passing an extensive background investigation, polygraph test, psychological evaluation and medical/physical evaluation.
• Current Washington State Peace Officer Certification
• Experience working in a higher education environment